Friday, August 15, 2008

Club Initiative

On the 14th of August I spent a couple of hours in the nets at Amersham Cricket Club with a group of enthusiastic young kids. I can't say I saw a future England spinner amongst the boys but I am sure Amersham will have plenty of players to call upon in the future.
Club President (or is it Chairman?) Phil Ketteringham organised my visit which concluded with our customary dinner at Amersham's (maybe England's) best Indian restaurant, beautifully named Spices and Herbs. I recommend a visit if you are in the area. The food is great and the service even better!!
Go getter Phil and his commitee has embarked an enterprising fund raiser for the club. They have invited the Tanzanian cricket team to play a match against the local team.
I am not sure how good either side is but I do know initiative should be rewarded so anybody reading this blog looking for a great day out on August 25th (Bank Holiday Monday) should head to Amersham. Phil plans for all styles of entertainment to ensure a good family day out.
The setting at Amersham Cricket Club is lovely...ideal for such a day. Check out their web site for more details.
Good luck. May the weather God's smile upon you.